Friday, June 12, 2015

Don't google it

One thing I have been very good about is not googling terms and issues that I have been told Ryan is dealing with. I am so proud of myself for this since it's so easy to google something these days. Google is amazing but it can tell you things like having a cough means you are going to need your left arm amputated. It's a slippery slope and I promised myself I wasn't going to fall down that. I have to remind some people--wink wink--- you know who you are, to stop googling things. I only use google to find out what slang words mean that the nurses and docs use. I base my questions and judgment off of the doctors reports and facts. No need getting myself all worked up over google saying Ryan will grow a third arm because he has dirty blond hair :) 

Since Ryan has been "home" ( I never thought I would call a hospital a home) he has been doing very well. He is like a new baby since having his heart fixed. The blood is going where it needs to go and things, for today, are back in track. Next mission, get his big Buddha belly down. He has a lot of air in his bowels so we are hoping that deflates soon. I will miss rubing his belly asking the nurses what their wish is when it's gone ;) 

My new favorite thing that Ryan does is he opens his eyes when we talk to him. It's so sweet and it makes me feel so good knowing that he knows that we are with him. Every nurse has greeted us back from Boston. Ryan is 2 lbs 13.5 oz and is getting so big!  Ryan loves sucking on his paci. He can't hold it himself in his mouth so someone holds it in there for him. Somehow he suckered one his primary night nurses to stand for an hour holding it in his mouth this morning. I say an hour but Rachel wouldn't tell me really how long ;) she said she loved doing it. Again, why I love this place. 

Ryan has had about 6 or so blood transfusions over his 6 weeks of life. I did want to mention that when babies are transfused they are only given O negative blood. If you have O negative blood you have probably saved several babies lives like Ryan's so thank you for donating!! 

This is a bitter sweet next couple of days for me.  One of, actually my only mom friend here, is bringing her other twin home tomorrow. I'm so happy for her. One of her babies went home last week so now they will be together again. She is a pleasure to talk with and I'm looking forward to keeping in touch with her after she leaves. Rachel's mom made these hats for Ryan. One has a blue heart on it and yup..... that's a football on the other. So thoughtful :)

Happy 6 week birthday Ryan!

Xo Andrea Shawn and Ryan 







No comments:

Post a Comment