Sunday, June 7, 2015

A baby shower without a belly

Yesterday I had my baby shower and I could not have asked for a better day. I was excited, nervous, anxious...just a mix of emotions for the day. When I walked in the room it was exactly how I pictured it. All of my close friends and family that care so much for Shawn, Ryan and  I. Perfect company that made me feel so comfortable with a different take of a shower. Of course we all imagine that we are going to be large and bending over a huge belly trying to reach for gifts. I already had my maternity maxi dress picked out before Ryan was born so trying to find a regular dress to wear was hard. Anyone that knows me knew that I absolutely LOVED being pregnant. It's been very hard letting this part go but yesterday I feel like I made it over this hurdle. I truly can not thank everyone enough for such a wonderful, normal but extra special day. No one cared that I wasn't pregnant. Everyone was there to celebrate Ryan and that's why it was so perfect. I hope everyone enjoyed themselves as much as I did. 

Shawn and I are hopefully making our last trip down to Boston today. I'm happy the sun is shining, it makes the drive 1,000 times better. Ryan is a whole new baby since his surgery. He responded very well to the PDA closure and everything for the most part is back on track. His heart is pumping blood throughout his body to where it needs to go----Good job heart! Ryan was cleared to come back to NH last Friday but he needs a team to bring him back. Looks like that will be tomorrow. Fingers crossed. It's my last week living as a nurse/doctor/mom. Next Monday I'll add case manager to that list.... Sigh. I'm looking forward to getting back into the swing of things and my old routine, minus the gym :( I miss all of my fortitude friends. I'm hoping to get back for 2016. That's my goal :) and to be able to do just one pike and a push-up in the straps lol. Baby steps ;) anyways only about 5 people will get that haha. I'm curious to see how it will play out balancing a baby in the NICU, pumping and working full time. I consider this a challenge. ...That's the competitive side in me. I know it will all work out. I mean, I gave birth without the class and alot earlier than planned and I survived ;) 

That's all for now. Maybe today we will treat ourselves to a lobster tail and a cannoli at Mike's Pastry. 

Hope everyone enjoys their day and happy 5 weeks to Ryan last Friday! 

Xo Andrea Shawn and Ryan 

3 comments:

  1. Andrea, I am thrilled beyond belief to know that Ryan is doing so well. You and Shawn have most likely gone through the many emotions that comes with being a new parent; however, having read your blogs it is eye opening for me to witness the strength and courage from your posts. Be well and I can't wait to meet Ryan! Marisa

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy 5 weeks Ryan! Keep it going. You are a strong baby and have the best parents!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Baby shower is definitely a good program through which we are able to welcome our upcoming new baby in advance. But here we can get a complete different concept; it is not compulsory to celebrate baby shower in advance most of the parents are also celebrating this program after having a baby. And from here we see the example; it is really a pleasure to watch Ryan completing 5 weeks I wish this journey will continue forever with good health and happy moments.

    ReplyDelete