Wednesday, May 13, 2015

Welcome

Hi Everyone, thank you for visiting. 

Shawn and I will use this to share with everyone how Ryan is doing and the ups and downs of our journey over the next almost 4 months until Ryan comes home. For those that don't know, Ryan was born May 1 at 8:37pm at 24.1 weeks. Little guy wanted out! He has changed our lives in so many ways we never imagined. 

Thank you all for your calls, texts, Facebook messages, we have received them. It's hard to respond to everyone and sometimes it's just hard to talk about. So please know we have read them all :) 

I have to admit I know I share a lot with those I am close with and I don't let a lot of people in outside of that tight circle so I am nervous doing this blog. I know it's for the best. With that being said, bare with me :) and I guess this is a warning because you are about to be opened up to my brain and how I think and our world as it is now. I never imagined I would ever be a NICU mom but this is my reality and I honestly wouldn't have it any other way. I have learned so much over the past.....yikes, not even 2 weeks. Shawn and I have said probably 30 times since Ryan was born that this oddly enough feels normal and right for us. Several people have said to us " I don't know how you are doing this" or "you are both so strong." Well, you go into survival mode. You take a step back, evaluate the situation and make a choice. Shawn and I have always been very open and real with each other. We know that experiences like this are all about perception. Yes we could be like whoa is me and we didn't deserve this and literally be miserable every second of this journey.  Shawn and I are so thankful that Ryan has opened our eyes to this world. I can't explain it, you have to experience it for yourself. We have met amazing nurses and doctors that have already changed our families lives forever. 

I could go on and on but I do want to leave you with this since it's 2am and I need some beauty sleep. I read an article  at 5am the day Ryan was born. Please read this and I hope it helps your perception of why "bad things" make good people stronger although I don't see anything happening to us in our lives as bad, 


Ok and one more disclaimer, I don't have the best grammar so just smile when I miss use then and than. It gets me every time!!

We are looking forward to everyone learning through this experience with us. 

Love Andrea Shawn and Ryan 


3 comments:

  1. I am so happy to hear that Ryan has made such progress. My prayers are with your family. Love is an amazing remedy and Ryan has plenty of that.
    Sincerely,
    Denise

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so happy to hear that Ryan has made such progress. My prayers are with your family. Love is an amazing remedy and Ryan has plenty of that.
    Sincerely,
    Denise

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so happy to hear that Ryan has made such progress. My prayers are with your family. Love is an amazing remedy and Ryan has plenty of that.
    Sincerely,
    Denise

    ReplyDelete