Monday, May 25, 2015

So much love

We can't thank everyone enough for all of the support and love we have recieved through this experience.  The cards that we have received brighten our day more than you can imagine. It's the littlest things that make us so happy and thankful. 

I know I always gush on here about how much I love the NICU staff, especially the nurses. One thing you don't know is that they frequently check in on Ryan on their days off. It melts my heart when they call and Shawn and I are there. If we aren't there they leave a little note on the white board with who has called called to check in. So cute!!! I love that white board. On Mother's Day I had a note from Ryan on there that said I love my mom and dad, happy Mother's Day love Ryan. Water works!

Ryan has really turned a corner in the last few days. He is getting rid of a lot of his extra fluid that he had. Sometimes when I think I couldn't be be happier after he has overcome an obstacle, it's a new day and I find myself saying I have never been happier :) that saying never gets old. Kind of like I felt like I couldn't love Shawn anymore and then he became a dad, crazy in love all over again! The older I get the more I view difficult times as an opportunity to bring people together and I have learned so much about myself. Shawn and I have learned a lot about each other going through this together and it has made our marriage stronger.

 So hoping to get Ryan back on his breast milk feeds in the hear future and that his PDA closes on its own. Follow up echo this week. If it doesn't close then he will go down to Boston children's for a quick easy surgery. I'm just nervous having to go down there since the set up is very different from where he is now. We need him back on the conventional vent, hopefully this week. Everyone cross your fingers and pinky toes! 

That's all for now! 

Andrea Shawn and Ryan 

1 comment:

  1. So happy to hear things are going well and Ryan is feeling better. Praying the echo goes well and he can stay put (; Trials will always make you stronger if you are willing to look with in yourself and around to those who care. Xoxo

    ReplyDelete