Friday, May 29, 2015

Off to Boston

It has been nice this week (for the most part) being able to focus on one big thing that needs to be accomplished rather than 6 major things. This week we have been waiting to hear if and when we are going to Boston for surgery to close Ryan's PDA. Looks like we are going early next week. I am nervous since it's different in Boston. Ryan won't have his own room, it's noisy, and the nurses don't know him. It's weird to say that I'm not nervous about the surgery. I trust that the surgeon will do a great job it's more the recovery time and getting back to his home. It's safe to say we will be going back and forth to Boston all next week, hopefully back by Friday! I'll have to treat myself to some Starbucks while we are down there since I'm slowly getting back on the coffee wagon since Ryan was born :)

Ryan is doing well with his feeds and the volume is increasing daily. We need him to put on some weight! He has already gained a pound since he was born and grown an inch. He is now 13 inches long and 2 lbs 6.3 oz. 

Hope everyone has a good weekend and enjoys some sun! Drink some cocktails for me this weekend! 

Wow I can't believe Ryan is 4 weeks old today. This has been the longest and fastest month of my life. Happy 4 week birthday Ryan!

Xo Andrea Shawn and Ryan

5 comments:

  1. Happy 4 week birthday Ryan!!! Thinking about you guys!! Xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Andrea! I love reading your posts! Please know that I have been thinking of you and Ryan so often. With an advocate like you, Ryan will be just fine! Good luck in Boston! Sending so much strength and smiles!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Andrea!

    I live right down the road from children's, a five minute walk, if you need somewhere to nap or sleep for the night or a nice meal I am here for you! Don't hesitate to call! Thinking and praying for you Shawn and Ryan every day!

    Xxoo
    Kayla

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good luck you guys! We'll be sending good wishes and thoughts to you and Ryan!

    ReplyDelete